Sunday, June 10, 2012

Bad Blogger

Updating frequently is apparently pretty difficult for me. Here is a quick update. We are in the hospital now after Sierra's chemo treatment Thursday night. This is her last chemo before surgery, so she will have a little break once we go home. She has done pretty well with this dose of Methotrexate, a few vomitting episodes and some nausea, but nothing too bad. She isn't suffering yet from mouth pain, but we expect that she will get some mouth sores. I would love for her not to have to deal with that this time though so we are trying to get her meds into her that help keep the sores away. She isn't  always cooperative about it.

We still dont have her counts back from her blood drw this morning, but we should be going home sometime today or tomorrow. Then we will have a week and a half before we leave for Denver. We are going to try to squeeze in some summer fun, like Silverwood, since Sierra wont be able to do much when we get back.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Mindi,
    I follow your endearing blogs about Sierra's courageous response to these painful assaults on her little body. I am sharing her story with 25 other women in my Bible study - they are prayer warriors, and will hold up all of your family in prayer. How I wish my prayers for a total healing would be answered... right now - but I know that when we all get to heaven, we will see this from our Heavenly Father's perspective...and rejoice. In the meantime, I am praying that daily you and your husband will experience God's grace and strength - and will sleep well at night because of your nearness to Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart and prayers go out to Sierra and her family. My son is a cancer survivor and reading your blog has brought back memories and tears! God Bless you all!

    ReplyDelete