Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Bad News

Though I hate to write it, Sierra has relapsed in her brain. She had a seizure on Monday night which alerted us to the tumor  in her left occipital lobe, at the back of her head. Thankfully she has no other spots anywhere else. She will have surgery tomorrow at noon to remove the spot, which is about 2cm and right near the surface of her skull. Afterward she will remain sedated for 24 hrs so they fan do a folow up MRI, she wil be in ICU for a few days and then on the oncology floor for a few days after that. Right now she is feeling OK, she is anxious for the surgery to be over because she doesnt like being in the ICU and she is grouchy from being on steroids to keep the swelling down on her brain. Please send lots of prayers her way tomorow, and I will try my best to be a good blogger and update  as I can.

1 comment:

  1. Been thinking about you guys all day...I am shaken by this. I always expect something from this cancer...and it continues to confound. Will pray for you all this evening and breathe Sierra's name to Him all day tomorrow. Hang in there mama...so sorry you must walk this road.

    ReplyDelete