Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Day Before


Sierra and I head back to the hospital tomorrow for her next treatment. She will be receiving a different form of chemo this time called methotrexate. Apparently some kids have far less side affects with this than the treatment she had a few weeks ago, I hope that is the case for Sis. She has been feeling so good lately, I hate to have to take her in knowing they are going to put poisons in her body that will make her sick. Being a parent is about protecting our children from pain and harm, but even knowing that in the long run they are helpful, it is hard to have to see her suffer.

Sierra was able to go to school for the last 2 days. She didn't stay all day, but she was happy to spend time with her friends and be "normal" for a while. All of her friends were so sweet with her and very helpful and caring. She got to share with them a "small moment" of what she has been dealing with the past month or so, of course I couldn't help but record it:) Apparently I can't upload it, I will have to try again another time:( But here is a cute pic of her doing her math workbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment