Friday, April 13, 2012

A Great Day

It is hard to remember to update my blog when everything seems so normal at home. Right now Sierra is feeling great, her appetite is up and she is feeling like her old self. She is playful and happy and generally in a good mood. She goes back to the hospital on the 18th for her next treatment, but for now we are happy to be spending these days of nice weather together as a family. This morning the kids and I took a walk over to my sister Meghan's(Meme) house. Well actually, the kids rode four wheelers while I walked. It was really nice to be able to do something normal and the kids had lots of fun getting out of the house. Evelyn doesn't have four wheeler, so instead of breaking out the stroller she got to get a ride from big sister. She loved it.

Auntie Meme has a trampoline so the kids played on it for quite a while and had lots of fun. Sierra had fun posing for lot of pictures, she can be quite the ham:)

Such a great pic of all 3 kiddos.
Sierra has lost almost all of her hair now. I asked if she wanted us to just shave the rest and she said NO, so for now we are just going to let it fall out. She has a few hats and bandannas, and she goes back and forth between wanting her head covered and feeling confident enough for it to be uncovered. I think she looks adorable, but I think it will take her a bit to get used to it. I am hoping she will feel confident enough to wear headbands with big flowers and bows on them and just show off her cute little bald head. 

Love this pic:)

I am planning for her to go to school for a couple days next week before her treatment on Wednesday, she hasn't been back since she started chemo. I hope it will go smoothly, I am planning to just go with her so I can help her if she needs me to, and she has been very clingy to me lately anyway so I am imagining she wouldn't want me to leave. The counselor at her school said she would have a little talk with the class to prepare them for her returning and explain a bit about what is going on with her. I am a bit nervous about how they will respond to her. I don't think I should be, her class has always adored her, but I guess it is just my mommy instincts wanting to protect her and make sure all of the other kids are nice to her. 

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful day! I am so glad you were able to get outside and that she is feeling okay. What a tropper she is. Good luck with school next week! Do you want me to watch Evelyn on Monday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your updates and the pictures are so wonderful! Sierra's smile is the kind that lights you up inside, even toothless! =)

    ReplyDelete