Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Week

Sorry for the lack of updates, there hasn't been much happening to update about, just more of the same. Sierra had an ANC of zero up until this morning when it finally went up to 48. Sierra has been doing a lot of resting and watching TV, but not much else. Her mouth has been giving her lots of trouble, she hasn't eaten anything now for a week or so, and went a couple of days without even drinking because it was just too painful. Today she has been taking small sips of water so she is moving in the right direction. We are hoping to only be here for a few more days. Sierra has to be able to take her meds by mouth and keep her temp down with no tylenol for 24hrs. This is our longest hospital stay so far, but Sierra is hanging in there. We are starting to make surgery arrangements,  now looking to happen in Denver, more on that later.

2 comments:

  1. I put dear Sierra's name on a prayer card at our church on Sunday. Now there is a "care group" of prayer warriors who are holding her up in prayer. Ours is a large, Bible-believing and preaching church...our pastors point us toward the Word - and we can go forward for prayer with an anointing of oil whenever we need to. When we all get to heaven, Jesus will reveal to us just why Sierra suffered so much and for so long. In the meantime, as hard as it is, we must trust in the Lord with all our heart, and lean not on our own understanding. You, courageous Mom Mindy, are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am following your journal of Sierra's journey through this horrid cancer. She is ever on my mind and in my prayers. I must share this promises with you from Job 19:25-27:
    " I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end He will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God; I myself will see Him with my own eyes - I and not another. How my heart yearns within me."

    ReplyDelete