Sunday, July 29, 2012

Bad Blogger

I have been so bad about updating the blog, I am so sorry. We have had a very busy household this past week. On Tuesday we had friends from Texas fly in and we wanted to squeeze in some fun with them before Sierra had to head to the hospital on Friday morning. we got in a lot of playing and had some fun a the the lake. Sis checked in for her 9th round of chemo on Friday morning. Dave took her for this weekend, since my friend is still visiting from out of town, and she has been doing amazingly well. She got started on her chemo at around 5:30 on Friday evening, a bit later than usual since we had some issues with insurance covering her chemo, not sure why that happened, but it eventually got worked out, and chemo went on as scheduled. Dave has kept me posted on how she is doing, and she is definite;y having an easier time with this dose than the last. She hasn't been moody or irritable at all like last weekend, I am so glad for this, since I feel a bit guilty for having to be away from her, at least she is feeling well. I wasn't able to be there to speak with the doctor at her appointment, but Dave said they told him that Sierra's tumor necrosis, was at 60%, which isn't a good response. generally they want to see over 90%, so we may have to make changes to her chemo regimen, but that will have to wait until I can be at the next appointment and really find out exactly what is going on. Also, she has some tiny spots in her lungs, that have always been unconcerning, at least they have told us that they are way smaller than anything they would be worried about, and they aren't growing, but Dave said that the oncologist is now wanting us to have them removed, again I will have to wait to fully update on this until I can speak with the doctors myself next week, but for now this is a scary thought for us. Lung surgery seems like such a big, scary thing, and we were hoping to avoid, so as soon as I know more, I will let everyone know.

For now we are happy that she is feeling so well. She should be released some time tomorrow and then goes in on Wed. morning for her staple removal, which should only take less than 30 min, and be relatively simple, though she will have to be put under anesthesia for it, so that is scary enough as it is. She is doing better each day with pain, and got her wheelchair on Thursday, I will put pics up soon.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mindi and Family,
    The women in my Bible study group (Women of the Word) are praying that these spots on Sierra's lungs will disappear. I have shared photos of Sierra (with her new knee) with them. These women are prayer warriors and they keep Sierra in their prayers daily. We meet weekly to study and share prayer concerns. God is at work - we have seen His hand. Fondly, Jeri

    ReplyDelete