Monday, July 2, 2012

Portland Day 1

Our Portland trip has begun. We left around 9pm, Sunday night hoping that the kiddos would be able to sleep the entire way over. That didn't happen except for Reece, he never made a peep. Evelyn wasn't thrilled about sleeping in her seat and cried a good amount, Sierra slept a bit, but not as much as I had expected. We ended up getting lost twice on our way because our GPS gave us bogus directions, which added nearly an hour to our trip, and we didnt make it to a hotel until 4 am. We tried to get a couple hours of sleep before we made our way to the Ronald McDonald House, but Evy had other things on her mind, she is really not good at sleeping in a regular bed at all.
When we got up for the day around 9am we headed straight to the RMH and guess what, we got lost. That darn GPS is a pain in the rear. Finally we ended up finding it and getting most of our stuff settled into our tiny room. We have a queen bed and a twin size fold out for 6 people. Luckily we brought the pack-n-play for Evy, but it is going to be pretty cramped for the first few nights, then half of us will be sleeping at the hospital.
Dave, Sierra, and I headed to her appointment at 1 and were there for several hours meeting everyone and we are set now for a surgery on Friday morning, we dont have a time yet, but will be checking in on Thursday night, so hopefully it will be nice and early. Sierra has felt pretty good for the most part. She is tired and her mouth hurts her, but she is a tough girl. And today is her 8th birthday. She got a leappad from us and was very excited and I know she is excited for the fun things we have planned over the next few days. Tomorrow we are going to the coast and on the 4th we wil visit the zoo. Our kids have never been to thezoo and I am so excited to take them, lets hope we can keep up our stamina and make it through the next few days.
Keep the prayers coming for Sierra to be strong and comforted during surgery, she is starting to get anxious so we are trying to keep her mind off of it. I will do my best to update each day and keep everyone in the loop especially once surgery day arrives.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mindy,
    I have watched daily to see if you made it to Portland. I appreciate every detail - as these guide me in my prayers for dear Sierra and all of you.
    I wish I could be there with you, to help out with Evy and Reece. Since I cannot - I will ask our Heavenly Father to surround all of you with extra
    angels this week. Happy Birthday Sierra - July 2nd - I can remember that. My parents were married on July 2nd - in Spokane - in 1938!
    Fondly, Jeri Albertini (mom of a wonderful son born with RTS in 1963)

    ReplyDelete